PDA

View Full Version : steel connection problem

MariusRizea
2010-03-16, 12:15 PM
Hello all.

Can someone please tell me how to see the Bolt Spacing parameter from this family. I would like to do something similar but i can't figure out how to be able to play with that Bolt Spacing parameter.

Thank you.

kathy71046
2010-03-17, 05:21 AM
It is under the dimensions category.

The bolts are driven by an array, which from the look would have been set as distance to next being the bolt spacing parameter.

You can't see that on a completed array, it is only something you can specify when creating it.

Arrays could probably use some editing options, but unfortunately what you can do with it once it's created is far less than the options available when creating it.

MariusRizea
2010-03-17, 06:27 AM
First of all thank you for your answer. Correct me if im wrong, but when you're making an array the spacing between the elements doesn't put itself as a parameter by default. Once you've specified that the distande between 2 element is let's say 100mm you can't change it. You can move the element around but i don't have any control over the dimension. Please advise if otherwise.

Best regards,
Marius.

kathy71046
2010-03-17, 07:25 AM
Yes, you are correct.

I just had a better play with it...they did the array to last, and bolt one is aligned to the ref plane lv away from the top, and the last bolt is aligned to the bottom one.

The overall length of the plate is then driven by the formula in "L" and constrained on the front view.

You should also be able to drive it from the second by having the ref plane alignment on first and 2nd bolts and the parameter driving the ref planes. Just depends on which way you prefer.

Either way, the spacing parameter has to go to the bolt you define when creating the array

MariusRizea
2010-03-17, 01:24 PM
Thanks. I'll try it and get back to you.

Sorry. I tried but got no results. Why i can't see the spacing parameter in any view ?

If you have a skype id and want to talk to me, please send it on PM and will talk some more. Maybe you can guide me :)

Thanks a lot.

kathy71046
2010-03-23, 06:52 AM
The parameter is not a direct one, thus it is not in the family as a dimension.

The spacing drives the overall length (in the formula), and the array is driven by the ref planes that are "lv" from the overall of L.

Unfortunately my home internet is down, and so I can't skype to help you just now, if you are still having issues when I get it back, I can possibly run you through it then, depending on time zone.