PDA

View Full Version : Large circles around connections

mark.244056
2010-03-24, 08:30 PM
Anyone know how to get rid of the huge rings around a connection? Its real annoying follows along through nwcout.

m20roxxers
2010-03-24, 11:12 PM
when you right click and go to options, then AutoCAD Structural detailing tab in the steel options, you can change the circles to either be zoom sensitive or set to a specific size.

kathy71046
2010-03-25, 12:09 AM
Attempt 2 to post....

Wow AJ, you are at work as early as me.

As AJ said, you can change the size and alter the colour of the connection to make it less obtrusive.

But yes, you can turn it off if you must, although I prefer to have them on so I can see what is and ASD created connection, and what is manually created.

m20roxxers
2010-03-25, 01:32 AM
Hah I cheat, by living on the east coast :)

However I was over there sorting out some issues a couple of weeks ago.

It was raining here and I went there to sunny times at Perth for the week and I get back here the sun returns and you guys get drenched.

Hope all is well though after the storm, not too much damage but you did need the rain :)

kathy71046
2010-03-25, 03:41 AM
Hah I cheat, by living on the east coast :)

However I was over there sorting out some issues a couple of weeks ago.

Why did I think you were over here? Unless you were at one of the Revit user groups...

We didn't get hit too bad at my place, other than the rain coming from unexpected angles, thus getting under my patio.

There was hail at my mates work, but none at our house, very lucky since he just moved in with us and we have a 3x2 house worth of furniture, electicals and boxed up everything under our patio.

We just needed to do some hasty re-arranging of stuff and tarps during the storm to minimise damage to our mates' stuff.

Was kinda fun getting wet while trying to keep stuff dry :)

m20roxxers
2010-03-25, 04:59 AM
No I haven't done a Perth user group before, they don't let me get out of the office much when I travel. I was mostly fixing up issues and a couple of meetings on new jobs, man DHW standards compared to other states really leaves me jaw dropped at times with how backwards things can be, it seemed to be one of the main issues at meetings involving this level of collaboration how we can dumb down all our cool stuff so it gets accepted.

I feel sorry for you :)

Glad to hear you had more fun then trouble :)

I think I will stop hijacking someone elses thread now.

kathy71046
2010-03-25, 06:32 AM
haha, hijacking threads is fun :D

Next time you come over, drop me a pm and I'l take you out for a :beer:

m20roxxers
2010-03-25, 07:57 AM
Sounds like a plan.

mark.244056
2010-03-25, 12:49 PM
Hey thats better!! Thanks guys.

themuleman
2013-12-14, 12:28 AM
Kathy, is there a choice to choose for the connection circles not to plot? When I turn the layer off, it also turns the bolts off....