PDA

View Full Version : Robot Structural Analysis 2011

pascal.bogdan
2010-03-26, 02:04 AM
Does anyone know when the 2011 version of RSA will be available?

Thanks very much!

alberto.malinverno
2010-03-26, 05:58 AM
see here, there are some release dates

http://bimboom.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-03-25T02%3A06%3A00-04%3A00&max-results=25

Revit3D.com
2010-04-11, 05:14 PM
Does anyone know when the 2011 version of RSA will be available?

Thanks very much!

It's supposed to be April 12th. Revit was supposed to be released on 4/8, but is actually shipping on April 16th.

I'll post info at www.revit2011.com the moment it comes out.

Marios
2010-04-12, 11:44 AM
There is a 30 day evaluation version of ARSA 2011 at the autodesk site if you can't wait.
For me it's just an other disappointment, minor changes and the big issues remain.

smm.144
2010-04-12, 11:58 AM
I hope they read this forum and add the feautures which we really need..
May be we need a new topic for the feautures that we need for upcoming robot, don't we?

pascal.bogdan
2010-04-12, 03:54 PM
There is a 30 day evaluation version of ARSA 2011 at the autodesk site if you can't wait.
For me it's just an other disappointment, minor changes and the big issues remain.

As I saw on the RSA_2011 downloaded from the autodesk's site, there are some cool new features that are added. What issues are you talking about Marios?

The idea of a new thread with topics about what users want to have in RSA is very good and I support it!

Regards!

Marios
2010-04-12, 07:31 PM
Pascal more like features than issues (even though there are some issues, e.g. with steel connections ). I was expecting, due to the obligatory use of Eurocodes to all European countries since 31/3/2010, that capacity checks, wall design etc would be added. I was surprised to see that autodesk did nothing about this.I was forced to buy an other software for EC2 and EC8 last week.

pascal.bogdan
2010-04-14, 07:30 AM
There are some new features that are very useful (core walls, enhanced story results) but, as all other version before, it has a lot of bugs and it will require a service pack asap!
They introduced the notion of drift, but the program don't give you the option of customize it (according to the national codes, annexe etc.).
I can say that I'm a little bit disappointed about this release, and the main reason is because since Autodesk took of Robot from Robobat, there aren't such big differences as I expected since 2 years ago ( and because of the bugs and the number of new features).
Regards!

smm.144
2010-04-14, 11:09 AM
I'm a little bit disappointed about this release, and the main reason is because since Autodesk took of Robot from Robobat, there aren't such big differences as I expected since 2 years ago ( and because of the bugs and the number of new features).
Regards!

Agreeeeeeee! Why other softwares like civil 3d are so improved and full documented but robot has not changed during years?
If it just had the same powerful documentation and help like civil 3d...

pascal.bogdan
2010-04-14, 11:46 AM
Agreeeeeeee! Why other softwares like civil 3d are so improved and full documented but robot has not changed during years?
If it just had the same powerful documentation and help like civil 3d...

for me, as a structural steel designer engineer, Robot is the best, because it gives me all the tools I need (in comparison with ETABS): EC3 verifications, connection design, best work 3D environment, a lot of capabilities, all the Romanian, European section database, an accurate section designer, etc.
One thing is really missing...documentation for push-over, time history, foot fall and harmonic analysis

angel.247184
2010-04-15, 01:47 AM
hi,
how can i installl robot 2011. i am getting error in the instalation