PDA

View Full Version : Alignment Table = Sta: Northing Easting

chris.little
2010-03-30, 01:55 PM
Hello,

Would like some help and to know if this is possible.

Trying to figure out how to make a Coordinate Data Table for alignment(s) that will pull out and display the Station / Northing / Easting for each major station along the alignment run.
I would like/need to display this on each page for the stations on that page without doing it all by hand. (List each stations, and copy/paste way to time consuming)

Example
Station / Northing / Easting
17+00 N=746402.7224 E=2041842.6256
18+00 N=746323.4047 E=2041903.2926

Thank you for your help!

sinc
2010-03-30, 03:39 PM
Currently, I can only think of a couple of ways to accomplish something like that.

The first is not dynamic. It involves using a Report to dump out coordinates every 100' along your alignment, then use that report to create tables. The easiest way might be to copy the HTML report output, and "Paste Special" into Excel, and go from there.

The other way is dynamic, and creates nice Station/Offset tables, but requires third party software:

http://www.quuxsoft.com/SincpacC3D_DynamicLinks.aspx

There's a link to a video demonstration of this latter option.

civil3Dguide
2010-03-30, 09:12 PM
I was thinking about creating points along the alignment and creating a point table(s) but the points would not be dynamic either, as you would have to move them everytime the alignment(s) changed.
I have not thought about that before, but it seems like there should an easier way.

sinc
2010-04-15, 04:19 AM
I have not thought about that before, but it seems like there should an easier way.

I have something on the "To Do" list that will work better for this.

But in the meantime, the Sincpac-C3D has something that sort-of works. You can lock Cogo Points to a position relative to an Alignment PI or PC, or a Profile PVI or PVC, so the Cogo Points follow edits. You can also link the Cogo Point elevations to the Profile, so the Cogo Point elevation changes if you change the Profile elevation. There's a brief demo here:

http://www.quuxsoft.com/videos/LockToAlignment.aspx