PDA

View Full Version : Annotative Attribute in Non-Annotative Block

c.mcmahon
2010-04-02, 03:46 PM
I have a block that I do not want to be annotative but would like the attribute text to be annotative within it. I've tried both creating a new block and editing an old one following the steps to creating annotative text in block editor but when I go back to model space and change the annotative scale it doesn't change the text size. It shows up correctly in block editor but not in the drawing. Anyone know any solutions?

RobertB
2010-04-04, 03:36 AM
Don't you mean "annotative" rather than "associative"?

c.mcmahon
2010-04-05, 12:40 PM
Yes. I do mean annotative.

RobertB
2010-04-05, 03:34 PM
I have a block that I do not want to be annotative but would like the attribute text to be annotative within it. I've tried both creating a new block and editing an old one following the steps to creating annotative text in block editor but when I go back to model space and change the annotative scale it doesn't change the text size. It shows up correctly in block editor but not in the drawing. Anyone know any solutions?You may find some frustration trying to use a non-annotative block with annotative attributes.

The issue is that the attribute will "know" it is annotative and therefore scale to current annotative scale when the block is inserted. Getting the attribute to change or add scales on a block reference after it has been inserted is the trick.

The only way I've found to add scales afte the fact is to turn on AnnoAutoScale. Deleting unused scales, well, that will probably take some work in the APIs.

M. Kubitza
2010-04-07, 09:15 PM
I just made a block w/ attribute, used an annotative text style, and it works fine. If the block is already inserted and attribute(s) aren't annotative, why couldn't you make a new style which is annotative, open block editor, set attributes to that style..?

Both of those options seemed to work fine for me.

My annoautoscale is set to 4, not sure what setting that is without researching though..

irneb
2010-04-09, 08:23 PM
If AnnoAutoScale has a positive value, all annotative objects gets assigned the current scale when it changes. If it's negative this does not happen. The various values are for stuff like (e.g.) omitting this feature from entities on locked layers.

The problem with this is you end up having all annotative objects showing at all scales. Not necessarily what you want :roll:

If you keep the setting's value to negative, you'll need to apply all the scales you deem necessary to those text entities within the BEdit command, or prior to defining the block. Otherwise the text will only show at the scale it was drawn in (usually 1:1).