PDA

View Full Version : existing surface from testhole log

vcoleman
2010-04-09, 06:26 PM
I need to add silt and sand surface below original ground surface. The testhole information for these surfaces are not parallel they vary in depth. My questions is how this can be done in C3D. I am teaching myself civil 3d. I used Eagle Point (EDS) for 25 years, which you could set control stations with a depth from o.g. Then create a tin for that surface. The pdf is from a project that I did in Eagle point. Green is O.G, Orange is Muck and Brown is sand. Any help to lead me in the right direction will be appreciated.

Thanks

WScottAllenPE
2010-04-14, 05:46 PM
VColeman,

If you are just working with a set borehole locations and elevations, then you should be able to just create a surface with added points.

Create a new surface "Silt". In Toolspace, under your "Silt" surface, expand your definitions, and right click Edit. Choose "Add Point". You can then select your bore hole locations and type in your elevations to the Silt surface. As long as you have more than three bore holes, this will give you a surface. The more points, the more accurate.

As an alternative, if you have an existing ground surface that has the silt surface generally x feet below, you can create a "Silt" surface, right click on Edit, and Paste Surface. Then, you can select Edit and Lower Surface. Then, you can individually add, adjust, or Modify point elevations at your boreholes.

Just repeat for a new surface for "Sand".

Welcome to the world of Civil 3D. Good luck.

Scott