PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO YOU MOVE THEM

johnny
2004-12-07, 09:10 PM
I NEED THE ABILITY TO MOVE THE POINT NUMBER, ELEVATION, NORTHING AND EASTING AND THE DESCRIPTION INDEPENDENTLY WITH OUT EXPLODING THE THE BLOCK, THESE ARE IMPORTED POINTS INTO 2005 LAND DESK TOP.

dfarris75
2004-12-07, 09:14 PM
in the past i've always been able to just click on the point and each piece of text would have a grip on it that you could just click and drag... i'm not sure if that will work in your case or not...

MHultgren
2004-12-08, 01:58 PM
Or, you could create a point label style that has the info you want shown in the locations you want and then import the points either using that label style as current or create a point group in the Point Group manager and apply an label style override to that group and import them through the Point group manager. Once the points are in the database, you can remove and import the points you want to use as you need them.

mjfarrell
2004-12-08, 03:00 PM
One could perform an export to Autocad 2000 version.
This procedure would convert the Object ARX points
from 2005 into the OLD softdesk point objects that would
allow for independent manipulation of the point number,
elevation, and description.
Or optionally look at creating a different point label style in 2005
so that the elements are as you desire them. This would probably
be the preferred method over the one listed above.
If that doesn't give the needed flexibility then create a point label style
that places text NOT the normal point components for number,
elevation and description, and assign this style override to the required points
so that you can move the text independent of the point.

All the while typing this wondering why are you moving this information around??

dfarris75
2004-12-08, 08:05 PM
I have to do this frequently to clean them up and make them look better. My p.m. says so. If I don't clean them up she gets real grumpy. Is there a better way around it???

mjfarrell
2004-12-08, 08:20 PM
Point label styles that place text (mtext) objects

and not the land desktop point objects.

MHultgren
2004-12-09, 02:01 PM
Be sure to turn off the Object labels in your point label style when you create them. With all the data that is showing up, it seems they are already inserted with a label style. You should be able to run check points to make sure they are all in the database, and then remove all the points from the drawing, open Point Group Manager and right click on the point group (if created, if not, create as many as you need) and go to Properties, Point Override tab and check the box next to label styles, click in the next box and select the style you want from the dropdown, click OK. Then right click on the point group and select Insert into drawing.