PDA

View Full Version : Moving Sample Lines

WScottAllenPE
2010-04-14, 02:50 PM
Help guys.

I've had this problem on several short projects, and I need to figure this out before my next project comes in (which is two miles long).

How can you add a sample line into a sample line group to create a new section view in the middle of a section view group?

(Basically, I lengthened a short section of full depth pavement replacement, and need to show the cross section at the new begin station. Yes I did change the corridor region stations.)

This is a multi-fold issue. First, if I add a sample line to the sample line group, it does not get added to the section view group. If I revise a sample line location, it does not always see the corridors at the new station, even though I add the station to the frequency table in the corridor. Also, it occasionally reorders the section views so that a revised one is at the beginning of the group, meaning the stations are out of order.

I've ended up just redoing the entire sample line group and recreating new section view profiles in the past, but that will really be a problem with a two mile long project.

Please help.

Scott

WScottAllenPE
2010-04-14, 04:08 PM
Update:

I have noticed that one of these issues will disappear if you move existing sample lines graphically instead of textually. That is, if you add the corridor frequency and move the sample line to the center of a circle instead of typing the station, the section view will display the corridor information correctly.

However, I still cannot seem to add a sample line, and the order still seems to randomly change.

Scott