PDA

View Full Version : Printouts - multiple update of project preferences

gmichalczyk
2010-04-29, 02:17 AM
Hello everyone!!!

When I change 'project preferences' (such as revision and note) in ASD steel and attempt to update multiple printouts at the same time they do not update.

I can only update each printout individually which is very time consuming.

Does anyone know how to update multiple printouts at the same time?

kathy71046
2010-04-29, 06:17 AM
Hi Glenn,

In the printout tab of the object inspector, if you right click on any sheet, you will see an option to update all printouts near the bottom of the flyout. (if you have one selected, it's second from the top if you have a few sheets selected)

I have had success selecting multiple printouts and updating from there as well, but if your project is large, or has any corrupt data, there is a chance it will crash, so save first. ;)

oh, btw, that is for a self contained project...not sure if it will work on a distributed one, as the save method is very different.

gmichalczyk
2010-04-30, 12:12 AM
Thanks again Kathy,

Your help is always very much appreciated

One more thing . . . . .

I cant seem to figure out how the data gets corrupt so easily . .I am assuming that there is no particular reason in most cases and have to put up with it for the time being

Is contained object single user and distributed multi user? ( i havent heard these terms before )

kathy71046
2010-04-30, 12:54 AM
Thanks again Kathy,

Your help is always very much appreciated

One more thing . . . . .

I cant seem to figure out how the data gets corrupt so easily . .I am assuming that there is no particular reason in most cases and have to put up with it for the time being

I wish I knew the answer to this, it could be related to file size, asd not deleting objects completely, or simply program glitches.
I do know once you get anything corrupt, it seems to snowball very quickly, presumably every crash adds more corruptions?
I've started trying to not use the recover file if i canhelp it, and just redoing the work i lose, although I'm not certain it's really making much difference.

Is contained object single user and distributed multi user? ( i havent heard these terms before )
You are supposed to be able to have multiple users on distributed, but I currently have a drafting dept of one, so never tried it.

The main difference is that contained (just my term for it) is the original project, with all the sheets in the same file as the model, where the distributed has the sheets saved out to external files.

You cannot distribute the work once you have created drawings within the file you are working on, and you can't re-integrate the project into a whole once you start distributed.
The only time you get the option now is when creating the first set of automatic drawings.