PDA

View Full Version : Re-Drafix CAD

jay.249579
2010-05-10, 01:47 PM
Hi,

I have loaded AutoCAD LT2010 version onto my machine and the company I'm working for have been using Drafix in the past. I want to convert these drawings into AutoCAD. On Drafix there is the option of saving in DXF or DWG but when I do this the drawing drawing border and text are not coming out correct. Also an error message comes up with "Undefined shape CROSS on line 7004.
Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded."

Can anybody help?

tedg
2010-05-10, 05:32 PM
Hi,

I have loaded AutoCAD LT2010 version onto my machine and the company I'm working for have been using Drafix in the past. I want to convert these drawings into AutoCAD. On Drafix there is the option of saving in DXF or DWG but when I do this the drawing drawing border and text are not coming out correct. Also an error message comes up with "Undefined shape CROSS on line 7004.
Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded."

Can anybody help?
Congrats on your first post :beer:

I have no idea, never heard of Drafix myself.
Just some guesses, I suggest trying one of these at a time:

Is there a "line type" or "text style" in the Drafix drawing looking for the shape "CROSS" that you can change to something more common, so it doesn't trip up AutoCAD?

Does anyone in your office have full AutoCAD they can try opening these?
Maybe a full version of ACAD may have more supporting applications.

Did you try DXF's and DWG's?
Maybe you tried to open a dwg but not a dxf.

Is there an option in Drafix to save to a lower release of DXF or DWG?
Sometimes you need to dumb it down to a lower release to open it up with another app.

Keep us posted.

If you still have a problem..
Maybe you could upload the "problem DXF or DWG file" for someone to look at for you?