PDA

View Full Version : Hole Charts Disappear in AM2011

kellyd
2010-05-11, 01:46 PM
I have drawings created in AM2008 with hole charts, in Am2011 for some reason the hole charts and hole text disappear, this has happened a few times, the last time was when it crashed while moving a dimension. I can't get it back, I have to open a backup drawing and cut and paste it back in. I am really getting frustrated with the mechanical content, its a love hate relationship, especially when sharing drawings with people on other cad platforms.

When I open a drawing in the morning and audit runs on it, thats when the hole chart disappears, I open the same drawing in AM2008 and its there, I checked proxy graphics and its on, there must be a variable that is getting shut off, because the hole chart is really there, its even on a locked layer.

5/21/2010 - I have added a sample drawing with a hole chart, and a text file of the audit that was performed when it was opened, This drawing was created in ACM2011 using holes from the content lib and the Mech hole chart. I saved it as a ACM2008 file, when its reopened in ACM2011 after the audit its gone. If I open i ACM2008 its still there, If I open in AC2011 its still there but now its a block. At this point ACM2011 is worthless so I am back in AC2011 which seems stable but missing some features that I have gotten use to, I can't believe AutoDesk shipped this thing the way it is

6/2/2010 - Had a web meeting with Autodesk Rep. and showed him steps used to create drawing, sent the drawing to him and he opened it and got the same results, his theory is that saving as a Mech 2008 dwg is what is causing the problem, if you save as a Mech 2011 dwg the problem goes away, he is sending this in to the techs and see if they can come up with a patch or what, I would be careful of saving backwards on a drawing with Mech content, hole charts etc. I will update as more information is known.

Regards;

Kelly

WinXP-32bit Sp3
AM2011
Intel Quad Core
2.4 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram
ATI Radeon, 256mb