PDA

View Full Version : Installing without the internet (or cd)

patagoniadave
2003-05-09, 03:04 PM
Is it possible to download new builds, and install them on computers without an internet connection? I know I am paranoid, but I don't like to have my workhourse connected to the internet. I worry about viruses, random hacking, etc,etc. Plus, I like to run a minimum amount of programs on my work machine to minimize backround processes, and thirdly, I prefer to run without antivirus software running. Anyway, long story short, I would like to download the new builds with my internet machine, and transfer it over to the work machine via cd, or dvd. Is this possible, or do I have to wait for the new cds to ship out? Thanks.

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-09, 04:06 PM
Absolutely,

Download the installation file and download the supporting content, rendering, template and training compressed files. Links to all are present on the Revit pages

Install Revit and tell the installation not to download the content etc. When you finish installing Revit and launch it, Revit will inform you it can't find a template and supporting stuff. Accept the messages and then use Settings>Options to point Revit to the location(s) you created for the other files.

I assume you are using a standalone - so you will need to opt for the "email a license" file option so you get it and then transfer to your workhorse PC.

patagoniadave
2003-05-09, 04:48 PM
Awesome thanks again. :D