PDA

View Full Version : Scope Boxes - Visibility control of Levels, Grid and Reference Lines

Steve_Stafford
2004-10-14, 07:12 PM
Scope Boxes do the following:

Automatically control the extents of a view’s crop region.
Automatically and globally affect the length of “their” gridlines and levels when the scope box boundary is changed.
Effect change vertically as well as horizontally (can isolate specific floors within a bldg)
Annotation for other related views (Sections/Elevations) are hidden in a view if the cut plane of that view is not within or does not cross the scope box for that view.
I've attached a pdf of a scope box document we've been working on, it's 98% done. There is a sample project too but it's too large to upload here. If it helps I could email it to you but I'd need your email. Send me a private message through our forum to give me your email address if you want to see it.

Wes Macaulay
2004-10-14, 07:51 PM
Steve... smokin' work there, mate! Nice doc!

craigr.74241
2006-03-29, 06:54 PM
Okay. The problem I'm having with scope boxes is this: I use one scope box for the general building, so that the gridlines and levels lock to the outside of the building. However, for certain higher-detail plans (and section), like structural sections, I want the level lines and grids to lock to just outside the structural framing area I'm showing. Is it possible to have the same level or grid confined in different views by differen scope boxes?

Steve_Stafford
2006-03-29, 07:05 PM
You may find it more productive to just use the 3D/2D options for grids to do this? In light of this relatively new feature, scope boxes are much more effective to manage the size of partial plans consistently.

Steve_Stafford
2006-06-28, 06:08 AM
Someone asked me (via email/pm) recently about this subject and the related file. I've misplaced the message. If you read this can you shoot me another message. Sorry...

mj8rybin722803
2020-03-03, 02:44 AM
Clicking on attached items brings me to augi home page and not the document.