PDA

View Full Version : Open stirrup

lucis29
2010-06-09, 08:48 PM
Does anyone know how to draw an opened stirrup?

kathy71046
2010-06-10, 12:31 AM
I'd love to help, but since global teminology varies so much, a bit more of a description is needed. (or a sketch/supplier photo)

Do you need a stirrup to tie a timber post into a footing (thus user object) or is this something else?

lucis29
2010-06-10, 06:34 PM
True, Katika.

By stirrup, I understand the concrete beam's transversal reinforcement.

I've atached 3 atachments...:)

1) An opened stirrup in ACAD classic

2) An opened stirrup in ASD2011

3) An example of beam reinforcing.

kathy71046
2010-06-11, 12:00 AM
Aha...

Honestly, I never had any luck with the Concrete module in ASD, and have only ever done concrete detailing in Acad and Revit. (and then mosly tilt panels)

At least with the query clarified, hopefully someone else can help you.

lucis29
2010-06-11, 05:13 AM
What module(s) are you using in ASD?

kathy71046
2010-06-11, 06:51 AM
I'm only using the steel module.

I tried on my first project to export the tilt panels from Revit to ASD, and it couldn't get the shapes right.

Additionally, it didn't really want to let me annotate mesh, and so after testing a few shapes and finding that cutouts in some corners chopped the entire panel size down, and any angles were ignored completely with the export, I gave up on it.

I did do a very small job in Revit that had 3 beams, (although closed reo loops) as well as stairs and suspended slab. (plus Tilt Panels)

I modelled all of the Reo (and scheduled it) in Revit, and it went well, although not sure how a large project like that would go. I did callout views to show which dimensions related on the schedule, and had no queries on it at all.

lucis29
2010-06-14, 09:29 AM
So you do all the reinforcing for concrete in Revit?

Anyway, ASD (2011) is so full of bugs that I don't understand why Autodesk released it. I'm thinking seriously to try other softwares. (Graitec).

lawrence.hooker
2010-09-22, 05:09 PM
Hi,

You can draw the Link by selecting Reinforcement - Cross section and then selecting the sketch option from the bottom left and then the Points option from the right hand side. See images I have attached. ASD 2011 should also Auto recognise the shape code.

lucis29
2010-09-22, 08:14 PM
Thank you lawrence.

I found that ASD Reinforcement can do this automatically. There is a button "Reinforcing bars-symbol". When you press it, and choose a transversal reinforcement, ASD automatically shows the stirrup opened.