PDA

View Full Version : Bar Description in Sections - ASD - Reinforcement

takacs.levente
2010-06-15, 12:54 PM
By default descriptions of bars in cross sections points to the bars with arrows and there is one description for the same shapes.
What I want to do is to put the description (I need only the position actually) next to EACH bar i cutted in my section. So instead of one description with multiple arrows pointing to bars, i need no arrow, but multiple description next to my bars. See screenshot attached (left is default, right is what i need)

Is there a way to customize description styles to get the result i want?
Obviously, i can delete the description and do it manually, like i did on the screenshot, but then why have ASD?

lucis29
2010-06-15, 05:42 PM
You can make a "Bar Description" style which doesn't have a leader and a smaller font. Off course, you must label any bar.

abbakeer
2010-06-16, 04:52 AM
Draw bars ( using ASD Point reinforcement ) in cross sections separatly (each bar as a point reinforcement) then set the bar description so that to show the bar mark (reinforcement position) only.

Regards,

takacs.levente
2010-06-16, 12:14 PM
None of these seems to solve my problem.

1. Drawing every bar separatly is not really a solution. I would say it is more work then drawig it with only AutoCAD. It may work for one beam with four bars, but i have to draw slab and wall reinforcements. If i use "surface reinforcement" i cant even delete the bars from sections, ASD wont let me. Drawing every bar separatly with "reinforcement elevation" and then drawing the bars separatley in sections again is like drawing with AutoCAD only.

2. Apart that i couldnt create a description type that has no leader/exteinsion line (i switched off everything but still one line appears) i managed to label one bar the way i wanted, BUT if i want to label another (label each bar separatly) then it only creates another extension line that points from the other bar to the original description.

The reason i want it this way because the National Standard of my country (Hungary) states that this is the way a reinforcement drawing should look like.

abbakeer
2010-06-16, 08:55 PM
None of these seems to solve my problem.

1. Drawing every bar separatly is not really a solution. I would say it is more work then drawig it with only AutoCAD. It may work for one beam with four bars, but i have to draw slab and wall reinforcements. If i use "surface reinforcement" i cant even delete the bars from sections, ASD wont let me. Drawing every bar separatly with "reinforcement elevation" and then drawing the bars separatley in sections again is like drawing with AutoCAD only.

2. Apart that i couldnt create a description type that has no leader/exteinsion line (i switched off everything but still one line appears) i managed to label one bar the way i wanted, BUT if i want to label another (label each bar separatly) then it only creates another extension line that points from the other bar to the original description.

The reason i want it this way because the National Standard of my country (Hungary) states that this is the way a reinforcement drawing should look like.

To draw a point reinforcement using ASD is better than AutoCAD, since the respected future modification to update the drawings will be more easy. ASD issues BBS but AutoCAD does not.

Regarding the exteinsion line / leader off, Tools / Options / Structural Detailing / General settings / Reinforcement / Descriptions parameterization / then uncheck the required items.

Regards,

hdblue10
2010-11-25, 02:09 AM
To draw a point reinforcement using ASD is better than AutoCAD, since the respected future modification to update the drawings will be more easy. ASD issues BBS but AutoCAD does not.

Regarding the exteinsion line / leader off, Tools / Options / Structural Detailing / General settings / Reinforcement / Descriptions parameterization / then uncheck the required items.

Regards,

Hi,

I agreed with you. Any way, your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting. Tks and best regards