PDA

View Full Version : Purging a Rogue Dimension

drabain
2010-06-17, 04:38 PM
I and trying to purge a dimension out of a drawing but it says it is in use. I have no idea where it is being used. Is there a way to figure out where it is being uised in this blank drawing?

cadtag
2010-06-18, 01:29 PM
Presuming you mean a DIMSTYLE that won't purge, you can run the Filter command with the dimstyle name, and see if there are in fact any dimensions using that style.

Otherwise it's probably nested in a block definition.

drabain
2010-06-18, 03:20 PM
Thanks but how do I do that and yes I am referring to a DIMSTYLE that appears in our templete dwg but I cannot find a reference to it in any block either

jaberwok
2010-06-20, 01:03 PM
Thanks but how do I do that and yes I am referring to a DIMSTYLE that appears in our templete dwg but I cannot find a reference to it in any block either

First, make sure it isn't set as the current style (simple, I know, but it happens. :) )

cadtag
2010-06-21, 11:43 AM

Post the template drawing, and someone will be able to look at it and find where the dimstyle is referenced. Of course if Jaberwok is right, just let us know that and we won't look for the drawing. (tried to purge a current style a time or two myself...:mrgreen: )