PDA

View Full Version : [2011] Apply insulation/lining to ducts and fittings simultaneously (OPEN)

JoelLondenberg
2010-06-28, 10:56 PM
I would like to be able to apply insulation and lining settings to both ducts and duct fittings at the same time. Currently only all ducts or all of of a single type of duct fitting can be selected together to change these settings.

Simon.Whitbread
2010-06-30, 01:49 AM
I voted for fixing the whole thing - If Autodesk are going to put effort into this area, they may as well do it right

Joe Fields
2010-06-30, 05:35 PM
I agree, it should be more than just a setting that has to be toggled while laying out ducts. Most of the time, we want different types of ducts (medium pressure supply, low pressure return, outside air intakes, etc.) lined or insulated in various situations. There almost should be insulation rules that will apply insulation/liner based on the system. For piping systems, the insulation thickness is usually based on system temperature and pipe size, both of which are defined in Revit. So a rule might say, for heating water systems with temperatures between 150F and 200F all pipes 1.5" and smaller have 1" of insulation and 2" and larger have 2" of insulation.

daniel.morrison
2010-07-07, 03:17 AM
I'll take this now if it can happen, but as mentioned above there are other things that also need to be fixed. How about if a level changes then duct and fittings react in the same way instead of one moving and the other staying where it is. I don't care which way they go but it is rediculous that they both react differently.