PDA

View Full Version : CAD 2009 Dimension styles not loading

jdcincy
2010-07-23, 12:57 PM
We are updating from 2008 ACad to 2009 Mechanical

When I open an old drawing from 2008 Cad in 2009 mech., the dimension styles are not set. Dimension styles are all set to the default settings.

Do I need to move some kind of styles file from my 2008 Cad or is there something I need to change in 2009 Mech?

jdcincy
2010-07-26, 05:18 PM
I honestly can not figure this out.

Every drawing I open, none of the dimension styles are there. I dont get it. Its my understanding these styles are saved with the drawing at the time the drawing is created. So why wont this 2009 Mechanical program bring them up?

This has to be something obvious but for the life of me I cant find it.

Please any ideals at this point would be helpful.

jdcincy
2010-07-27, 05:25 PM
Here's another update on my problem.

I have created templates of different scales. These templetes have the correct dim styles saved on each of them.

Now here is what is weird. When I open the templates, althought the correct dim style is still saved on that template, it still open's, set on the default settings. Even though I saved it, set on my created dim style.

Any ideals, what is causing this?

cadtag
2010-07-28, 02:30 AM
You may get better answers in the MEP forums, but I _think_ that the MEP dimension commands are different from Vanilla Acad, so vanilla dimstyles may be ignored by MEP

Opie
2010-07-28, 02:41 AM
Please note I have moved this thread from the CAD Management - General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119) forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here.

Thanks,
Richard
Forum Moderator

jdcincy
2010-07-28, 03:51 PM
Thank you for moving me to correct forum. I hope someone here can help me.

I have over ten years of Cad drawings that I can not open up and start working on them due to this dimension style problem. When I open any old CAD drawing the Dimension Style it was saved with is gone and all the dimension styles are set to default.

My old drawings are saved to a 2007 or 2008 Cad format

My new Cad software is Cad 2009 Mechanical.

Something is keeping 2009 Mechanical from reconizing the Dimension Styles that were saved in the 2007 or 2008 versions.

I have to find out why. Thanks for your help.