PDA

View Full Version : Annotated Point Groups

scott.epp
2010-07-28, 08:54 PM
I have been having an issue with the annotated size in Paper space and Model space.
This the second time the issue has come up and I want to make it go away.
The points are showing up fine for awhile at the right size then today I open the drawing up and the points are not showing up at proper size..

In the point groups I have to text size set to 2.5mm and it was showing up in model space at the correct scale Likewise in paper space..

I have open the drawing today and now the scale is not working in paper space... they are 2.5mm actual... so they look like small dots. I have to set it to 63mm in the point group prop. to get them to be 2.5 mm in paper space.. Then a week later I will open the drawing and the text will be huge... going back into the point group prop. and set back to 2.5mm

What can I do to make this stop it is very annoying!!!

sinc
2010-07-28, 09:23 PM
I think some terminology in your post might be mixed up... You can't control text height in Point Groups, so perhaps you meant in the Point Label Style...?

There are a variety of things that might be going on. But the most-likely problem is that you have your Plot Scale units set to "inches", and you are in a Metric drawing. This often happens if you change your page setup to an Imperial paper size, such as 24"x36", or something like that.

See the attached image for the location of this setting.

If that isn't it, then this post might help:

http://www.civil3d.com/2010/07/civil-3d-annotation-scaling-revisited/

scott.epp
2010-07-28, 09:46 PM
Yup .. your right... I just had to change it mm and not inches .. and everything comes back to the right size..

Thanks ... I it was so simple ... kinda makes me feel stupid! lol

sinc
2010-07-28, 11:51 PM
It's only easy once you know where the setting is... :mrgreen: