PDA

View Full Version : convert to bitonal image

rschaff
2010-08-02, 06:17 PM
i hav a sid file, 1.5 GIG, converted it to a JPG 8 GIG, this is stripped . i need to plot it in black and white. when i attempt to launch the historgram the prograr crashes. any assistance would be apprecieated.

civil 3D, Raster, 32 Bit

Jmurphy
2010-08-02, 10:05 PM
Try using the Change Color Depth "IDEPTH" then the Bitonal option under Process Image tools. Then you may need to use the invert under the cleanup tools.

Ed Jobe
2010-08-02, 10:20 PM
Also, I find that if you do this in one step, i.e. go from a high depth down to 2, you may loose a lot of quality. The same with going from a high resolution to a low one. I sometimes do this in intermediate steps.

rschaff
2010-08-03, 11:55 AM
I get a fatal error C3D out of memory then it crashes.

Jmurphy
2010-08-03, 12:19 PM
I get a fatal error C3D out of memory then it crashes.
That can be expected with a large image file on a 32 bit system. First turn off the 3 gb switch if you have it on. Second free up some memory and try to increase your page files. Clean out the user temp folder (Start > Run> tpye in "%temp%" w/o quotes, and delete all the files there you can. Then use the image options from the map tools and look at the memory tab, there's a few changes you can make there to boast the image performance temporary. Read the help on that tab and clear out that cache as well.

Ed Jobe
2010-08-03, 02:07 PM
Check the size of your swap file too when you are looking for more memory.