PDA

View Full Version : No centerlines showing in drawing views

Jonathan Pitt
2010-08-18, 09:15 AM
Hi all, I started asking about this i the general AutoCAD section, but think it may be best suited over here.

I am new to Mechanical so what I am asking is probably just due to my lack of understanding of it.

I have drawn a 3D model and used the amdrgview commands to bring it into my layout space, but I can't see any centerlines in the views.

I have edited the drawing view and opened up the automatic centerline window and all the view types are greyed out. I think this may be the problem, how do I ungrey them?

I have tried using the centerline commands, and this is fine for the centerline cross command as AutoCAD recognises the center of the hole, however when I try and use the centerline in between command for a side view of a hole I get "Nothing selected" in the command line when I click on the lines I want a centerline between.

I am having a similar problem with dimensions, normal linear dimensions between end points of lines are fine, but angle dimensions when I need to select a line itself won't work.

Any pointers on this would be very much appreciated.

Cheers :)

amosq14i345847
2013-02-15, 02:50 AM
Have you tried your LTS?