PDA

View Full Version : New to Annotative Text

ccook79
2010-08-26, 03:23 PM
I am just now being introduced to Annotative text and am trying to figure out if a drawing has a few viewports that have no scales how can I keep the text locked on the same size? All I can find on annotative text has to do with scaled drawings.

Thanks
Chris

irneb
2010-08-30, 12:40 PM
Maybe you can try my Lisp routine attached. You need to have it loaded into ACad. Then you should have 2 new commands MatchVPScale (for one VP at a time) and MatchAllVPScale (for all VP's in current DWG).

Basically it checks what zoom factor the VP is showing. Then selects the closest matching Annotation Scale and sets the VP to that.

RobertB
2010-08-30, 09:32 PM
... if a drawing has a few viewports that have no scales...Viewports have to have a scale. So I don't know what you are really trying to say. :confused:

Tip: Never use Zoom 1/<xxx>XP to set the viewport scale once you start using annotative scaling. Always use the status bar buttons or Properties palette to change the viewport scale. Otherwise you can wind up with an annotation scale different than your viewport scale, e.g. annotation at 1/4"=1'-0" and the viewport scale at 1/8"=1'-0".

irneb
2010-08-31, 06:22 AM
Viewports have to have a scale. So I don't know what you are really trying to say. :confused:The problem is while all VP's have a zoom factor. Those created prior to 2008 (or if you use the ZOOM 1/#XP method as you've stated) does not have any CAnnoScale attached to it (or may have a different scale when using the Zoom method). So all your old drawings have nothing set for Annotative Scales - thus it defaults to 1:1 when opened in 2008 or later - which is very seldom the scale they should have. :mrgreen:

RobertB
2010-09-01, 03:45 AM
The problem is while all VP's have a zoom factor. Those created prior to 2008 (or if you use the ZOOM 1/#XP method as you've stated) does not have any CAnnoScale attached to it (or may have a different scale when using the Zoom method). So all your old drawings have nothing set for Annotative Scales - thus it defaults to 1:1 when opened in 2008 or later - which is very seldom the scale they should have. :mrgreen:True. Which is why I have something similar to your routine that runs whenever we open a legacy drawing and automatically updates the annotation scale for each viewport.

Why Autodesk didn't do the same thing after 2008 came out, I have no idea.