PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Analysis - Weird results

prasanthireddy.v
2010-09-08, 03:49 PM
Hello,

I have been trying to simulate lighting illuminance for certain points in a building over a period of nine months. I imported the file from revit and had to redraw certain elements of the building as they got deleted when I imported them to ecotect. The problem I have is, even after entering all the required data i.e, sky conditions, date, time, material properties, location, orientation, elevation, etc, I get the same value throughout the day ( 8am - 5pm) and all the months ( Jan - Sep). I have no idea where I am going wrong. Please help!!

Prasanthi

krish.d.rao
2010-09-08, 04:29 PM
Hello,

I have been trying to simulate lighting illuminance for certain points in a building over a period of nine months. I imported the file from revit and had to redraw certain elements of the building as they got deleted when I imported them to ecotect. The problem I have is, even after entering all the required data i.e, sky conditions, date, time, material properties, location, orientation, elevation, etc, I get the same value throughout the day ( 8am - 5pm) and all the months ( Jan - Sep). I have no idea where I am going wrong. Please help!!

Prasanthi

Ecotect does not calculate lighting levels for specific time points. You will have to use export your Ecotect file to Radiance and run the calculation in Radiance. You can bring back the analysis information into Ecotect to visualize the results.
Ecotect is suitable for comparing "Daylight Factor" beween different design iterations.

fabian.posadas
2010-09-24, 10:56 PM
Hi prasanthireddy.v

What you need to do is export your daylight model into Daysim (www.daysim.com). Daysim will let you calculate daylight autonomy for certain periods of time. As you mentioned you were looking to do. Daysim plugs-in to Ecotect as Radiance does.

Fabian