PDA

View Full Version : ASD for concrete reinforcement?

sblackburn.262952
2010-09-27, 08:19 PM
Hello - I cannot tell this for sure from the posts on here. Is the 2011 version of ASD fully parametric with concrete reinforcement dwgs? I care less about the data exchange between ASD and Revit (altho that would be nice) - I am wondering if it is fully developed to create concrete reinforcing shop dwgs. Is anyone currently using ASD for that? Do the details and schedules adust automatically as you make changes to the 3D model? Is it stable with the latest release? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Steve Blackburn
Frost Engineering and Consulting, Inc.

sblackburn.262952
2010-09-30, 09:29 PM
Anyone? Help!

m20roxxers
2010-09-30, 10:47 PM
The 3d model is built from the formwork drawing which the asd views are extracted from. You can recreate views using modify but it won't be able to tell automatically if things have changed and what exactly has changed.

For shop drawings we are still using rc cad and parts of revit, I don't see asd reo module having any major part of our systems anytime soon.

lucis29
2010-10-02, 09:47 PM
For shop drawings we are still using rc cad and parts of revit, I don't see asd reo module having any major part of our systems anytime soon.

Can you please be more specific on what software you are using for Reinforcement?