PDA

View Full Version : Best practice: storing annotative scales in blocks?

metron4
2010-09-30, 07:23 PM
I want to store a certain number of scales inside a standard annotative block. The block would only display for those scales. The block is in a drawing all by itself and can be accessed by pull-down menu, tool palette or the Insert command. I defined the scales for the block in the Annotation Object Scale dialogue box. When I insert the block using a pull down menu or the Insert command, the scales stay inside the block. When I try to drag the block off a tool palette, the scales are not there.

I understand the reason Insert and the pull down menu work is because it is grabbing the actual block inside the drawing. The palette is only dragging a reference of the object and since the annotative scales are only defined in the block reference and not the block definition, they won't show. This has made me question whether or not there is a better practice than what I am doing.

How should I force annotative blocks to use a standard set of scales?

Thanks,

Rob

quentinl
2010-10-13, 11:08 PM
I may be misunderstanding, but the annotative scales are in the current drawing file.
As long as my current drawing has my desired ScaleLists I can drag the annotative block directly from the Tool Palette and it comes in at the right scale.

metron4
2010-10-22, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the reply,

Even though I store the scales I want inside the block, inside the block definition file, when I drag them off the palette, only the 1:1 scale is available inside the block. I end up having to manually add back the annotation scales I wish the block to display at.

But if I use a pull down menu or the Insert command, the scales stay inside the block.