PDA

View Full Version : Fillet between Spline/polyline and Arc

aart
2010-10-01, 10:38 AM
I have a spline and an arc that I need to fillet. I have tried breaking the spline, changing the spline to a polyline but those don't work either. Using the fillet command I pick the arc then the polyline and it dimensions the arc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I pull the rest of my hair out.

using Mechanical 2010
TIA
Anne

H-Angus
2010-10-01, 11:20 AM
I have a spline and an arc that I need to fillet. I have tried breaking the spline, changing the spline to a polyline but those don't work either. Using the fillet command I pick the arc then the polyline and it dimensions the arc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I pull the rest of my hair out.

using Mechanical 2010
TIA
Anne

You can use the fillet command on an arc and a line but not an arc and a pline or spline.

If you convert the spline to a pline then explode it, use the fillet command and then use polyline edit to join the individual lines and arcs.

aart
2010-10-01, 11:30 AM
You can use the fillet command on an arc and a line but not an arc and a pline or spline.

If you convert the spline to a pline then explode it, use the fillet command and then use polyline edit to join the individual lines and arcs. Funny ACAD help says you can:
"An inside corner is called a fillet and an outside corner is called a round; you can create both using the FILLET command.

You can fillet Arcs Circles Ellipses and elliptical arcs Lines Polylines Rays Splines Xlines 3D solids"

Thank you very, very, much H'Angus...will try the explode and pedit