PDA

View Full Version : Action Recorder not working in ACAD Mech 2011

btompkins
2010-10-05, 01:56 PM
When I try to run the action recorder using the actrecord command I get the following message:

Command: actrecord
** ACTRECORD command is disabled **

How do I enable this feature in AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 and get the action recorder commands on the ribbon.

Apologize for the dumb question and thanks in advance for the help.

Thank you,
Bob T.

btompkins
2010-10-05, 02:08 PM
OK, figured it out, thought I would explain how in case anyone else runs into this, I went into Options - op, then profiles, and clicked on "vanilla" and then clicked "set current", clicked OK to close the op dialog box and like magic, the action recorder appeared in the manage tab.

Any comments or corrections are welcome.

Thanks
Bob T.

btompkins
2010-10-05, 02:20 PM
So I am not as smart as I thought I was, the panel is there but the record button is grayed out and I still get the ** ACTRECORD command is disabled ** message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob T.

mflayler
2010-10-20, 05:32 PM
If you start up ACADm, the Action Recorder is disabled. You will have to start AutoCAD by itself, not just the vanilla profile.

Start --> All Programs --> Autodesk --> AutoCAD Mechancial 20xx --> AutoCAD 20xx

AXL1221
2011-12-06, 07:57 PM
I am tweaking the cad CUI and am curious to know if anyone was able to get the "actrecord" command to work in a AutoCAD Mechanical environment?

I know it is accessible if you start vanilla AutoCAD but i would like to see if I can get it functioning with in mechanical?