PDA

View Full Version : Grading tags disappear in viewport

cecilia.224441
2010-11-01, 11:58 PM
At random intervals, grading labels disappear in viewports without the associated layer being turned off/frozen (we are using C3D 2011). The only solution that we have found to be working is to delete the viewport and create another one, but that is just not a good long-term solution. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Cecilia

jpaulsen
2010-11-02, 12:45 PM
Make sure there are no layers frozen in the viewport.

tonycarcamo
2010-11-20, 08:04 PM
If you start seeing objects disappearing from your viewport thats is a memory/video issue. I had this issue when I was doing plan/profile sheets with large amounts of labels for grading and alignents. Sometime this happens when you have more than 2 viewports. Basically you are running out of memory or you need a more powerful video card (512 and up) I would first turn on your 3G switch. This will pull away more memory from the OS and add more to applications like autocad. I would also make sure you dont have several design layouts in one drawing. I would not have more than 3 design layouts tabs in one drawing. You might also look in your options/system tab at caching between layouts. Hopefully this works for you.

tony
Senior Design Tech
www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com