PDA

View Full Version : VOLUME SURFACE TURNS TO ACAD proxy entity

jenniferchavez
2010-11-02, 10:06 PM
Everytime I close a drawing after creating a volume surface it converts itself to a acad proxy entity. Is there a way to turn it back OR just get it to stop????

rkmcswain
2010-11-03, 02:17 AM
Are you working exclusively in C3D 2011?
...and you are doing regular QSAVEs?
Nobody else is touching these drawings?

Also, it seems like you are having some significant problems with C3D lately. Have you opened a support request with Autodesk regarding these issues?

jenniferchavez
2010-11-03, 01:51 PM
I am trying to get my manager to get me permisson for our Autodesk Subscripton. Still owrking on it.

Anyway, I think all these things are all tied to this one problem. At first I though it was a data short cut problem, then I realized it was surfaces. Now I realize it is just the cut fill volumes that keep changing to proxy entities.

No one else here knows how to use civil 3d. And we are just in 2011.

rkmcswain
2010-11-03, 02:28 PM
I am trying to get my manager to get me permisson for our Autodesk Subscripton.

No one else here knows how to use civil 3d.

Hate to bring it up, but your above two points are major problems.
You need access to the subscription center and you guys should have received professional training up front. C3D is not something you can learn on the fly - at least and remain productive.

Hope you get this resolved and post back so that we know what is going on...

EDIT: I just saw that you said "no one else" --- I didn't mean to imply that you don't know how to use it or that you didn't get training if you did. Sorry. I do see many people however that try to dive in w/o training and end up spending more time/money/effort than if they has just done it up front.

jenniferchavez
2010-11-03, 03:07 PM
I have been using civil since its been out, just started at a new company and I have never had so many problems in my life. I really dont think this one is a user error... Unless there is some strange setvar or something Im missing.

Thank you for your help and I will post when I figure something out, unless I throw the computer out the window first! :)

sinc
2010-11-03, 04:18 PM
From the problems you're mentioning, it kind of sounds like you might have C3D configured to save files as an earlier version. In OPTIONS -> Open and Save tab, do you have the "Save as" format set to "Autocad 2010 Drawing"?

(Just throwing out a random guess, as I've never seen the problems you're describing...)

rkmcswain
2010-11-03, 05:10 PM
In OPTIONS -> Open and Save tab, do you have the "Save as" format set to "Autocad 2010 Drawing"?

Actually, that is the correct setting for Civil 3D 2011.

You are on the right track though - I have seen the original described problem when there is a mix of C3D 2011 and other software (such as C3D 2010 or LDT) used to open/save drawings.

(OK - I see what you are saying now, I originally read it to mean that AutoCAD 2010 drawing was incorrect.... sorry...)

gdroman
2011-07-21, 04:57 PM
i had the same problem but i´m using c3d 2012, i don´t know what can i do...

i create surface adding pointfiles, may be the number of point is too large? could be possible?

please i need help!!!!!

thanks,

gdr