PDA

View Full Version : Central File

cgrover
2003-10-06, 09:28 PM
If you do a save as of your local file to your desktop and then you want to significantly modify that file...Will it affect the Central file? I wouldn't think so as long as you don't save it to Central, but I thought I'd ask before I give it a try.

Thanks,
grover

Steve_Stafford
2003-10-06, 10:29 PM
That is the intended purpose for a local copy. The Central File will only reflect your changes once you Save to Central.

Note the typical process is to Save Locally, Save to Central then Save Locally one more time. If you skip the last save you will find your co-workers can't access worksets you "thought" you relinquished. If you are just using worksets in a single user situation it won't matter, you can keep them all checked out, or as many as you want that is.

Also, it is recommended practice to discard your local copy each day and create a new one instead of using the same one over and over....if you are in a production environment with other users adding content simultaneously. Again, in a single user environment you may not need to go to the trouble.

HTH