PDA

View Full Version : Training Datasets

jmcdermott
2004-12-29, 09:11 PM
Greetings. Here's a thought. I came to this forum to locate the training files that supposedly come with Revit 6.0. The books that are available generally run a release or two behind the actual software. So the latest books are for 6.0 / 6.1. When I try to use them, I find that I do not have all the files the books call for because the Revit people(Autodesk) don't provide them cumulatively, from one release to the next. They take out some. I'm sure to keep the install size down. Butthjis creates a problem. For example I am looking for a file called i_rvt6_DYP_Cost_model.rvt which should have been loaded with the Revit 6.0 install. But I have Revit 6.1, and no such file. (I do have some of the files from 6.0 which apparently Autodesk didn't remove from the install)

I would like to suggest there be created a read-only repository for training files by various versions, available for download. I realize I may be trampling some ownership issues. But consider that several people have alrady used this install of Revit and overwritten many of the training datasets and you can begin to see my problem. Any thoughts?