PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Menu Loading

thomas-p
2004-12-29, 09:34 PM
I'm trying to load our company menu automaticly within acad.lsp file. If I use (command "menu" "menu.mnc") to do this it unloads all my other menus. If I use (command "menuload" menu.mnc") it works fine if the menu isn't already loaded. Is there a way to check if a menu is loaded and if not to load the menu. If it is loaded then nothing happens.

Ed Jobe
2004-12-29, 09:44 PM
It really isn't necessary. Just menuload the menu, save the current settings to a profile (a profile saves all your display settings) and then start acad with the profile using the /p switch.

thomas-p
2004-12-29, 09:52 PM
The proplem with that is it would force everyone to use the same profile all the time. People don't like that. So I set them up with a profile that has the menu in it to start with and let them change the menus around like they like them, but the comapny menu disappears for some people sometimes. Then they call me and ask why things don't work. So I was hopeing to be able to check and see if it was loaded and if not, load it to the profile they setup.Does that make since.

RobertB
2004-12-29, 10:19 PM
Take a look at the (menugroup) function.

mjfarrell
2004-12-29, 10:20 PM
In such case it would still be best practice to load the DEFAULT company
profile at start up, and then allow user to switch to their personalized version
of same. Then the company (correct) profile is always available for relaod upon
destruction of their own. For your skilled users allow profile to point to theirs.

thomas-p
2004-12-29, 10:39 PM
I have a standard profile that if they mess theirs up they can reload it quickly. So that part isn't a problem. I did figure out a way to check if a menu is loaded. It can be done by using

(if (not (menugroup "LBFH"))(command "menuload" "l:/autocad 2005/menu/lbfh/lbfh"))

this is working just like I want.

Thanks for everyones help.