PDA

View Full Version : Urban Sidewalk Subassembly

ijathenickman
2010-11-07, 05:52 PM
The Urban Sidewalk Sub-Assembly datum links do not work when you attempt to create a datum surface from them.

I need a sidewalk assembly that has horizontal and vertical targetting parameters for inside boulevard and back of sidewalk.

Finally, the datum links need to acuratly model the datum surface..as apposed to what the out-of-the-box sub-assembly does... incorrect triangulation.

Any ideas people? I tried making one completley out of geneeric links..and it almost worked..but a couple of the sections did not work..even though those corridor regions had the exaxt same input parameters as the regions that did work.

brian.hailey933139
2010-11-07, 08:32 PM
Seems to work just fine for me:
http://content.screencast.com/users/jugglerbri/folders/Jing/media/c80c2f3f-95ce-45da-80f3-56dd8c95ef2f/2010-11-07_1331.png

bruce.klug
2010-11-08, 05:26 AM
Are you using the overhang correction?
For Datum surfaces it's Bottom links and for TOP Surfaces use Top lnks.

Bruce

brian.hailey933139
2010-11-08, 06:05 AM
Yup, I did it exactly like you instructed... Perhaps you have some varying widths. Try adding some featurelines in as well.

ijathenickman
2010-11-09, 06:26 AM
-What was the the first response? Must have been a joke because thats the sickest looking datum I've ever seen. Serious replies only please or how about sampling the corridor as well for clarity...and print screen the display showing the Civil 3D program while your at it.

- Yes I'm using bottom links as overhang correction

- Yes I have varying widths.
The sidewalk-in sidewalk-out featurlines do not work.

brian.hailey933139
2010-11-10, 06:45 AM
-What was the the first response? Must have been a joke because thats the sickest looking datum I've ever seen.
Perhaps if you post up a section of what you are seeing and what you want it to look like, we could be more help.

Jeff_M
2010-11-10, 03:58 PM
-What was the the first response? Must have been a joke because thats the sickest looking datum I've ever seen. Serious replies only please or how about sampling the corridor as well for clarity...and print screen the display showing the Civil 3D program while your at it.

- Yes I'm using bottom links as overhang correction

- Yes I have varying widths.
The sidewalk-in sidewalk-out featurlines do not work.You ask for any ideas, you get a response that shows it CAN work, then you respond with this? Good luck getting any further help if you keep that attitude. I've used this subassembly for many years now, the only problem I've had with it (this has been a problem since the beginning and still remains) is the slope target uses the wrong formula which results in really skewed sections. I posted a fix for this on the autodesk c3d forum, but it was for 2009 I think.

Anyway, as Brian said, it would really help the helpers to describe the problem you seem to have. Just saying "It don't work" is pretty darn vague, which usually leads to vague answers.