PDA

View Full Version : Profile Data Band Labels off by .3048

moseeng
2010-11-08, 10:31 PM
OK, I'm behind the times and trying to force myself to over to Civil3D. I created a road profile and when I add a Data Band the data (stations and elevations) is off by exactly 0.3048 in both horizontal and vertical. The profile itself and the grid is correct (the alignment station's labels occur at exactly 100' increments, but show station labels show in increments of 30.48 ). Since that's obviously the ratio of converting a foot to a meter, that must be some setting that is wrong in my Data Band Label Settings, but I haven't been able to find anything. My drawing units are feet. The drawing I have was started from an old drawing and I dragged and dropped styles into it from other drawings. I was messing with some tutorials, so it's possible I dropped some styles from a metric based drawing into this one. Different label styles also have this issue, but only in the Data Band. My alignment itself shows station correctly. Thanks for any help!!

indydrafter
2010-11-09, 12:54 AM
In my opinion, your assumption of something being wrong with the data band style is close...but not quite the answer. If I was to guess what your problem is, I'd say that when you copied over your styles, that the grid is actually what is off in the increment. The grid for the horizontal station probably got converted from metric to imperial when copied, but they values didn't adjust for the change in units. In addition, your data band is likely using the option to utilize the grid for major and minor stations. (check box at the bottom left of the data band style dialog). I've got a feeling that if you change your grid increments, the data band labels will correct themselves accordingly.

moseeng
2010-11-09, 03:21 PM
Well, I ended up dropping in another Imperial version of the"Profile Data" band style into the drawing and it corrected itself. Thanks for the reply. Now if I can just figure out how to model a cul-de-sac... :)

indydrafter
2010-11-11, 01:20 AM
Hahaha...I'm glad that worked out for you. With your cul-de-sac, think about creating a "one-sided" assembly and adding it to the corridor via the edge of pavement baseline around the curve of the cul-de-sac.