PDA

View Full Version : Section Plot Hatching Issues

kolk
2010-11-17, 05:28 PM
Okay, I give up...I'm running through some section plots, and I'm getting some unexpected hatching that I can't seem to get rid of. I would expect to find this hatching (shown in the attached pdf) under this type of layer: C-ROAD-SCTN-LINE-EARTHW-CUT-HATCH, but it seems to point to '0', as shown in the properties window in the pdf. I've been through every style I can think of and I can't find a solution. I've never had this happen and we've been using this template for a few years now.

I'm using Civil 2011, update 1, through Win 7, plenty of memory, and I'm facing North.

Any thoughts!?

brian.hailey933139
2010-11-18, 03:32 AM
You probably ran quantities after you created the section views.

Select one of the view, on the ribbon select "view group properties" (or something long those lines). In the group properties, uncheck the quantities you calculated.

kolk
2010-11-18, 12:18 PM
Hmm, seems to work...thanks! We had started leaving the "ground fill" and "ground removed" hatching on just as a check to make sure the sections were doing what we wanted to. I set those layers to be a 'no plot' so they would not muck up anything in the plots, but perhaps we need to do what you suggested before any plots.

Thanks for the tip!

brian.hailey933139
2010-11-19, 04:47 AM
Remember you have many different layers when it comes to Civil 3D, the layer the object is on and then the layer that the linework within the object is on.

I haven't tested it but, if you put a block on a no-plot layer and the linework within the block is on a plotting layer, does that linework still plot? If yes, then that's the issue you are having with your cut/fill hatches.