PDA

View Full Version : Slow Surface Labeling

rebecca.shumate
2010-11-18, 11:09 PM
I'm working in C3D 2011 (64 bit) on Windows 7 with what does not appear to be a particularly complicated surface or covering that large of an area, however any time I go to add surface labels, the program pauses and has to regen the surface. The status bar says it's "displaying contours". If I zoom in to a small enough area or apply a mask to some small corner of the surface, I can get it to only regen initially if I am labeling multiple contours, but even then it still pauses if I am trying to label individual contours. Our current work around is using the "multiple at interval" option so it only has to regen once, but gives us a lot of labels in places that are not optimal.

The surface is being brought in as a data shortcut. In both the original file and the file I'm working in, surfaces are not set to auto regen. I do not have this problem when I am working in 2008, 2009 or 2010 so I have to think that it's some sort of system variable in 2011 that I need to change, although I have not been able to find any such setting to update. I have 12GB of RAM so I don't think memory is really the issue here. Has anyone else had a similiar problem?

Adam Farnsworth
2011-02-10, 06:33 PM
Howdy Rebecca,

I'd guess that your surface style is using contour smoothing. If it's on, try turning it off and see if that helps :)

(I've had the exact same problem, and this cleared it up for me :) )

--Adam