PDA

View Full Version : recess in curved wall

mostafa90
2011-01-15, 08:10 PM
Dear all Guys,

I can't make a recess in the wall to be curved the same as the original wall.

what i did in the attached photo, is a Family , void object cut in the wall to form arched opening,

but the result is what you see , any ideas

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-01-15, 11:16 PM
Try creating the recess as a blend rather than a simple extrusion.

mostafa90
2011-01-17, 04:00 AM
can you express more, i have tried the blend but it seems didn't work with me.

sbrown
2011-01-26, 09:33 PM
What he means is you have to create the shape you want in the family editor, or if you just have one in your project do it as an in-place family. You will do a mix, a blend for the opening, one shape for the exterior surface, one for the interior, then in plan make a curved extrusion, then in elevation void out the arch shape with a blend void.

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-01-26, 11:29 PM
Thanks Scott. Sorry to leave you hanging Mustafa. For some reason this one got lost in the shuffle with my ongoing log in problems.
Scott answered the question. The shape of the window will not follow the curve of the wall unless the family is modeled that way in the family editor or in place.
I think I slightly misinterpreted what you were after. I thought you wanted to get your opening so the jambs were perpendicular to the wall face. :Oops:

mostafa90
2011-03-11, 07:39 PM
thanks all I'll try i know it is too late to reply or even to try what both written up, as you know i was in the revolution.