PDA

View Full Version : Tag in Sections and details

jcyyoung
2003-10-07, 11:04 PM
Just as we can tag Lights, walls, windows and doors in the Plan views(Level views)
it would be good to able to do this in sections, callouts and elevations.

eliminates error in typing text
improve the speed in putting a drawing together

beegee
2003-10-08, 12:12 AM
I'm not sure I understand your wish.

You can tag doors, windows, lights in elevation and section. Not walls though.

Are you referring to Room Tags in section ? ( If so, this is already on the wish list ).

jcyyoung
2003-10-09, 02:42 AM
Tag for walls, wall finishes or elements
If we can enter properties like 13mm plasterboard etc
why can't that appear as a tag in sections or details

Steve_Stafford
2003-10-09, 03:17 AM
If we could tag the discreet components within walls and floors etc with their description. Adding notes to a section view could be as "simple" as clicking on a wall and toggling to ID the interior finish, the stud layer, the veneer etc. Or better yet, clicking on a wall adds notes for however many components it is made up of, leaving you to fine tune how they are positioned in the view.

No typing notes for "objects" that Revit already understands. Your tag family could display a parameter like section note or elevation note so your objects can be predefined with your office standards notations.

gregcashen
2003-10-09, 03:40 AM
This would be huge!! I put this among my top five requests...along with it should be that even simple notations are sticky...that is, the leader head would stay attached to the element it desribes no matter what moves or becomes unconstrained in the model.

jcyyoung
2003-10-09, 08:35 AM
Do you think this could get into REVIT 6?

Nickdp
2003-10-09, 11:21 AM
J,

word from K*r*lC*d is that Revit 6 will be out before end of this year - less than 2 months away! , But if we make enough noise, having it in for 6.5 (mid-2004) could be a possibility.

beegee
2003-10-09, 09:59 PM
J,

word from K*r*lC*d is that Revit 6 will be out before end of this year - less than 2 months away! , But if we make enough noise, having it in for 6.5 (mid-2004) could be a possibility.

I didn't realise KarelCad was on the list of naughty words.

Nickdp
2003-10-10, 06:18 AM
It's not - just having some having trouble with my k*ybo*rd.

ajayholland
2003-12-05, 01:11 AM
If we could tag the discreet components within walls and floors etc with their description. Adding notes to a section view could be as "simple" as clicking on a wall and toggling to ID the interior finish, the stud layer, the veneer etc. Or better yet, clicking on a wall adds notes for however many components it is made up of, leaving you to fine tune how they are positioned in the view.

No typing notes for "objects" that Revit already understands. Your tag family could display a parameter like section note or elevation note so your objects can be predefined with your office standards notations.

I tried to work through this issue today, and was partially successful. I don't want to tag the discreet elements of an assembly, just the assembly itself.

We typically repeat the same notes on building and wall sections again and again. These are just general object descriptions such as "gypsum sheathing on metal studs" or "pre-fabricated skylight". Normally I would use keynoting, but that technique has fallen into (principal"s) disfavor here, and of course there's not a direct association between Revit's keynotes and the items referenced.

Under Shared Parameters, I created a group named Assembly Tags and a parameter named Drawing Note. After creating a wall schedule, I was able to add the shared parameter to my wall types.

I then made a multi-category tag, creating a label called Drawing Description using that parameter. I loaded the tag into a drawing and, hey, it works! 8) in plan only! :cry:

When I use the tag in a wall section, it is stuck to the bottom center of the wall, and cannot be moved. Any ideas? I've attached a zip archive with my demo files.

-AJH

beegee
2003-12-05, 06:40 AM
That's very interesting work AJ ! You've done well.

I think the only tags that will show in section are multi cat tags ?

It looks as though the the tag attachs to the level on which it was created, however, when I placed one on Level 2 , it doesn't show up in section :screwy:

If we can solve this, it will be a powerful tool.