PDA

View Full Version : Any NZ/AU ABS users?

robin.capper
2005-01-05, 03:12 AM
Any New Zealand or Australian users of ABS. We are just getting into it and maybe able to share content etc

RobertB
2005-01-05, 04:34 AM
I'm curious. What made you take the leap? What are your impressions?

robin.capper
2005-01-05, 10:58 PM
We do "concept" site & building design (Final design and tender docs done by consultants) and complete retail layout with ADT. We also do energy building systems design (elect, light, aircond) in-house to tender document level. This is to support our company wide energy management system. All stores & logistics are have energy management to try & optimise power use etc.Before ABS was available here this was done in ADT but basically using it as AutoCAD.

The move to ABS was primarily to the building systems onto an "object platform". This is being done gradually and so far its going OK. Mostly using for limited ducting and cable trays so far but next step is to migrate the full electrical design to ABS objects.

There is little NZ specific content but what we need is limited so can [now] build our own. Training for content creation is one of the main reasons I came to AU as there is no ABS training in NZ, I guess due to small user base.

Other than that its a gradual migration to "objects" as projects and resources allow. I think one of the great advantages of ADT/ABS is the ability to evolve to BIM.

RobertB
2005-01-06, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the reply.