PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate vertical axis

martin_tougas169950
2011-03-03, 02:07 PM
Hi guys

I'm new here and I am just starting using autoCAD civil 3D. I've red the tutorials and a lot on forums and discussion board about creating profile views and such but I have a question.

So I need to create a profile of a 8km street (5 miles) and plot it on A0 paper size (multiple sheets, obviously). The thing is, I have my profile but since I will be splitting it between a few sheets, what should I do to have the vertical axis (elevations) on each sheet.

As of right now, I have the elevations at the beginning (0+00) and the end (8+xx). I thought about creating viewports and freezing some layers so only the profile is shown (adding a profile grid manually over the profile) but I was wondering how you guys are doing it?

Oh and I know my English sucks... sorry :s

Thanks!

sinc
2011-03-03, 03:58 PM
That's what the Plan Production is for.

It's a bit of a pain getting all the Styles setup. You also need a template, to define the layout for your pages. But then it auto-generates each sheet, complete with both Plan and Profile views.

There's a Tutorial in the Help that should get you started with this stuff. It can be a bit convoluted, though, and takes a bit of work to figure everything out. If you have access to AU, there's some good classes there on how to use the Plan Production tools.

martin_tougas169950
2011-03-03, 04:01 PM
I'll look into that

Thanks a lot didn't know about that feature :Oops: