PDA

View Full Version : Another WIP

SkiSouth
2005-01-05, 06:39 PM
Ran out at 800 DPI. 10"x5" Saved as Jpeg 21 Megs Worked in Pshop got up to 454 megs in size, saved pshop file size is 358 Megs. This image reduced to 300 DPI and 5x2 +/- inches in size. 209 K.

Filters - Dry brush, cutout, smart blur, and paint daubs.

The "clean" image is the true base image from Revit. The "fuzzy" picture has been modified with Photoshop 7 and the filters listed.

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-01-05, 07:31 PM
Always a WIP Ski... don't you ever finish anything ;-)

The brick texture on the shopped image looks great (at least on my laptop). Nice work as usual. Also appreciate the 'technique' information for those of us who know squat about Photoshop and how to use it effectively. Gives us a great headstart.
I often look at the images posted here and wish I had more time to play with rendering in Revit. Just out of curiosity, do you do this stuff on your own or is it something the client pays your time for? Are the renderings genereally for selling the client on the proposal or part of the clients sales/promotional packages?

SkiSouth
2005-01-05, 08:40 PM
Thanks. This project is for another architect. His client needs it to raise money. . Past two WIP are for other architects. (So its a WIP - my projects seem to be eternal WIP)
This particular model is shell only, with some front walls in the entry that could be seen if rendered high enough (they show pretty clearly at 800 DPI). Total time in the model about 3- 5 hours. Another 3-4 hours rendering, I spent 4 hours last night experimenting (can't charge for that ) while I watched a movie. (Trying to get effective cloud shadows on the ground, made some progress but not there yet).

Brick can get really "heavy" if you will on an overall image like this. I prefer to give a closer shot for more detail on the brick work rather than an overall image.

I prefer to give my own clients renders just to make sure that I am communicating with them and we're on the same page. Also, all muncipalities around here have gone nuts on wanting to "approve" the look of a building to the point you can't submit for a building permit without having a fully presented project (rendered).. That gets me hot quick when the courts in US have upheld that the aethetics of a project are the architect's expertise.

Anyway. give Revit a shot for your renders. It's worth it.