PDA

View Full Version : Label Surface in Inches

kclifford
2011-03-15, 03:36 PM
Does anyone know how to label a surface in inches rounded to the nearest 1/8" of an inch? I have figured out a way to label decimal inches using expressions, but I cannot figure out how to display it as an eighth of an inch.
Thanks, Ken

sinc
2011-03-15, 09:11 PM
Ugh! Just out of curiosity, what is this drawing for?

It seems as though the C3D dev team assumed that nobody would ever want to do such a thing. "Feet with fractional inches" is not an option for Elevation display settings.

If I had to do that task, I suppose I might set Cogo Points wherever I wanted a label, and set the Cogo Points to the Surface elevation. Then I'd export the Cogo Points to Excel, and use Excel to come up with the elevation in fractional inches. Then I'd reimport the points back into the drawing, using the Point Description (or a UDP) to hold the elevation in fractional inches. Then create an appropriate Point Label Style to display the results.

kclifford
2011-03-15, 09:26 PM
That was nearly the exact work around we came up with also to solve this problem. We are preparing an as-built survey of concrete foundation pads, and the architect requested that we label in inches rather than decimal for comparison to the architectural plans. I am still curious of a better solution if anyone knows of something.
Thanks,

nelson
2017-08-24, 03:26 PM
I just was asked for the same thing by a user per a clients request.
I created expression "Decimal Inches": FMOD(({Surface Elevation}*12),12)
Then in the label settings split the feet and the inches. <[Surface Elevation(Uft|P0|RT|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OLD)]>'-<[Decimal Inches(Uft|P3|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]>"
This results in 102.51' = 102'-6.126"

I don't see any way to convert to fractional measurements, but it's a few steps better than pulling out a calculator and typing them in!!