PDA

View Full Version : Creating Display Sets in Navisworks Simulate 2011

kevin.dmonte947013
2011-03-17, 09:05 AM
Hi Good day to all,
I have recently started using NW Simulate2011 for reviewing PDS generated model. I was wondering whether NW has a feature wherein one can create Seach Sets (similar to Display Sets in SmartPlant Review) that will find items within the published NWD model and save the applied a color to the selected items?

One case I am looking into is to apply semi-transperent color to accessways, eqp. ladder, platform envelopes so that it enables better view of the model.

I created one using the Find Items function and then modified the appearance of the selected items using Edit-Override Item- Override Transperency. But my concern was if I reset the values in Search Items window, this setting will be lost.

Pls share your views.

david.kingham
2011-03-29, 01:58 PM
Currently it is a somewhat manual process to setup standard colors for objects, you will be able to setup predefined colors in version 2012 which comes out in a couple weeks though

amixam
2011-03-29, 03:01 PM
If you're on subscription, you can download the advantage pack which contains a new feature called Appearance Profiler to create color profiles (transparency too) for your Search/Selection sets. You can also reuse these settings on future projects.

david.kingham
2011-03-29, 03:11 PM
I didn't even know that enhancement pack existed! Kind of irritating that they don't even notify you, would have been nice to have for the past 6 months! How did you find out about it?