PDA

View Full Version : ratio problems

lazlo76
2005-01-06, 06:40 PM
Newbie in need:

AutoCAD LT 2000 on windows 2000 pro. My die maker receives my files and says they are not 1:1 when he opens them. Am I mistaken, don't all autodesk cad products draw at 1:1 by default? Also my die maker says that his computer is trying to open my files with Adobe Acrobat. Any clues as to what my problem(s) is (are)?
File in question is attached. Thanks in advance.
Lazlo76

Wanderer
2005-01-06, 06:44 PM
Newbie in need:
says that his computer is trying to open my files with Adobe Acrobat. Any clues as to what my problem(s) is (are)?
File in question is attached. Thanks in advance.
Lazlo76
i'm not sure how to handle the first part of that question... what units are you setting up the drawing with? and is he trying to measure them with something else?

also, the problem with acrobat is his problem not your's, he needs to set a cad viewer as his default program to open dwg files (you can right-click a file to set this initially, or you can go under the control panel>folder options>filetype tab )

lazlo76
2005-01-07, 03:08 PM
Thank you so much for the help you have given me so far! I am setting up the drawings in decimal inches with a grid of .25 and snap fo .25! File in question is attached to the initial post. Once again thank you in advance.