PDA

View Full Version : toolspace settings not all showing

s_howard
2011-04-11, 07:12 PM
I just recently got a new computer and we installed Civil 3D 2010 on it. On my old computer I could go into toolspace and create new styles for surfaces, alignment labels, etc. Now when I go into toolspace on the settings tab I can't edit or create new surface styles. (the dialog box that used to pop up doesn't show, so I can't edit) I can edit points, point styles, some alignment styles, but not alignment label sets) We have had similar problems on other computers, but it's not the same settings that disappear and won't let you edit them. We have un-installed and re-installed c3d, but it doesn't seem to fix this problem. If I get on my old computer I can still edit these styles, just not on the new comptuer. Any idea's. this is very frustrating.

rkmcswain
2011-04-11, 08:49 PM
(the dialog box that used to pop up doesn't show, so I can't edit)

Maybe the dialog is off the screen?
Have someone else log into this machine (someone that has never logged into this machine before), then launch C3D and see if it works.

s_howard
2011-04-14, 01:52 PM
Thanks, not quite the answer but it set me thinking. We run 2 monitors so I switched monitor setup, and you were right, those 2 dialog boxes were off the screen where I couldn't get to them. I moved them back, switched the monitor setup again, and IT WORKS.

rkmcswain
2011-04-14, 02:23 PM
Thanks, not quite the answer but it set me thinking. We run 2 monitors so I switched monitor setup, and you were right, those 2 dialog boxes were off the screen where I couldn't get to them. I moved them back, switched the monitor setup again, and IT WORKS.

Ok. The suggestion regarding the new user was just a simple way to run AutoCAD with a new profile, which would have all the default locations for dialogs.