PDA

View Full Version : Grading creation tool and Lidar surfaces

Chud
2011-04-13, 02:02 PM
When using the Grading creation tool and daylighting using one of the SURFACE @ 3:1, 4:1 or 6:1 commands do you ever get unrealistic large spikes for grading? In my case i have 2 spikes the are daylighting from the top of a lagoon to the edge of my surface (almost a mile away)

It might be important to note the surface is a Lidar surface.

Chud
2011-04-19, 04:36 PM
Figured this out, even though I manually entered each corner elevation of my lagoon when drawing the feature line different values showed up. After attepting this same lagoon again today, upon opening the Elevation Editor I saw that my verticies were in fact not what I typed in, possibly due to osnaping. After setting all elevations to the same elevation the grading creation tools all worked correctly including daylights.

csmith.nash809744
2011-08-17, 11:10 PM
Looks like you fell into the osnaps trap with feature lines. I'm sure you'll find more info about this on the forums, but my way of handling this is to set the linetype for my feature lines layer to something with geometry (fenceline) and set msltscale to 0. Then when you go to snap to a feature line, hover over the bumped out area to snap to the feature line rather than snapping to the underlying continuous polyline. Hopefully one of these days Autodesk will fix this bug.