PDA

View Full Version : Rendering

Steve Jager
2003-10-09, 07:29 PM
Here is a found evening shot we did. It has a little more opacity in the glass and different time of day.

It amazes me how just ten minutes of time swing can change the whole image.

Roger Evans
2003-10-13, 08:54 PM
Hello

Very Nice
Just curious I don't quite understand the perspective ~
do the walls slope out ??

MartyC
2003-10-14, 12:17 AM
Hey there

That auto sky messes with the overall presentation of the rendering in my humble opinion.

Perspective is the same as when shooting a photograph with the camera tilted to get the top of the building in. I used to have a groovy perspective-control lens for my trusty old SLR that split and moved vertically to allow light to reach the film plane evenly therefore correcting the perspective and providing an image that allowed the edges of a building to remain parallel but view the full height. A drawn two-point perspective gives exactly the same effect if the target is higher than the eye level.
Remedy - keep eye and target levels the same/similar but situate the eye point farther away and crop the image to maitain correct perspective. Balance is the key, too close and image distorts, too far back image gets flattened, requires a bit of trial-and-error to get a good look, unless of course what you want is a surreal view.

Hope I'm not stating the obvious :)

Cheers M