PDA

View Full Version : INVENTOR 8 HELP

BRETTARIAS
2005-01-10, 04:53 PM
I HAVE A PART IN INVENTOR AT WHICH I USE OFTEN, BUT MAY BE EXTRUDED TO VARIOUS LENGTHS, AND USED MORE THAN ONCE IN ANY ASSEMBLY. I NEED TO KNOW HOW IF AT ALL POSSIBLE TO USE THIS SAME PART IN OTHER INVENTOR FILES AND STILL BE ABLE TO ADJUST THE EXTRUSION PATH. AS OF RIGHT NOW WHEN I USE THE PART AND I HAVE ALREADY USED IT ONCE OR TWICE IN A ASSEMBLY AND I GO EDIT THE EXTRUSION PATH IT CHANGES THE PREVIOUS ONE I USED IN THE DRAWING ALSO. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET AROUND THAT.
THANKS

n_nottebaere
2005-01-13, 03:57 PM
Build this part as ipart with the length of your path as parameter... save this ipart under your library directory...

BRETTARIAS
2005-01-14, 10:04 PM
I UNDERSTAND THAT, BUT HOW EXACTLY IS THE PROBLEM I SHOULD SAY. BECAUSE IT'S NOT WORKING FOR ME.

gh
2005-01-18, 08:51 PM
The help-function, in Inventor, for iParts, is damned bad.

Try on Internet www.sdotson.com, "Introduction to iParts" I have used this.
Just remark that Inventor has some problem with update of project-iproperties. After or when it is insert, as a iPart, there is no update of this project-iproperties, only custom-iproperties are updated, but you cannot use this for part-list.

I have asked Autodesk to fix this problem, but you Autodesk do not work so fast, so maybe they have fixed this problem in ver. 12 or some.

Regards

Gert