PDA

View Full Version : Use of symbols in SSM

justin.d.ehart
2005-01-10, 05:24 PM
If I type "Plan & Profile" in my SSM, it comes out looking like "Plan + Profile" Any idea as to why and a way around not being able to insert symbols i.e. comma for instance?

thanks in advance

-jde

RobertB
2005-01-10, 05:41 PM
The titles cannot have a comma, sorry. Maybe in the next release. The "+" sounds more like a font issue.

justin.d.ehart
2005-01-10, 07:26 PM
I would be nice to use commas so you could write, "Abbreviations, Legends & City Notes" as that is a great sheet description and saves space that way also. Just something to add later on in the next version of AutoCAD

Thanks for the advice, I will look into whether or not the "+" is associated with the font or not. I am using simplex and bold, just plain jane versions of AutoCAD fonts. If I was using TTF I would maybe think that, but its just the old standby!

thanks again!

-jde

Tom Beauford
2005-01-11, 12:30 PM
The Sheet Set description is used as the filename with the extension "dst" so it must follow standard windows filename conventions.

If I type "Plan & Profile" in my SSM, it comes out looking like "Plan + Profile" Any idea as to why and a way around not being able to insert symbols i.e. comma for instance?

thanks in advance

-jde

RobertB
2005-01-11, 02:34 PM
Which include more symbols than Autodesk gave us support for. I have commas in my filenames all over the place.

Tom Beauford
2005-01-11, 03:26 PM
You're right, I put "Mt Si Try, Plan & Profile" in as the name of my current Sheet Set and it displayed perfectly in the dialog box as well as inserted as a field. I tried several fonts and Simplex shouldn't be a problem although I remember using a bold.shx years back in our title blocks that used "+" for "&" before TTF's were an option.
Which include more symbols than Autodesk gave us support for. I have commas in my filenames all over the place.