PDA

View Full Version : Plotting only one viewport?

bpayne
2005-01-10, 07:28 PM
I searched the forums and couldn't find this problem. There is a couple of sheets that have several viewports. Only one vieport is printing on each sheet. Not even the titleblock is printing in paper space. Any ideas...I'm all out!

mtlynn
2005-01-10, 08:53 PM
Is the viewport or drawing on a no plot layer?

bbapties
2005-01-10, 09:54 PM
sounds more like the xrefs and titleblock is on a no plot layer....haveing the viewport on a no plot layer will not cause it to not plot.

david-k
2005-01-10, 10:05 PM
Maybe the viewport is inactive. Check to see if it is on.

Mike.Perry
2005-01-10, 11:08 PM
Hi

If none of the above, can you please post an example drawing file showing the problem so we can take a look.

Have a good one, Mike

bpayne
2005-01-11, 10:37 PM
And the answer is...None of the above!

We ended up "Rebuilding" the affected drawings and everything was fine. Just to let you know our office made the switch recently from R14 to 2005. I'm finding all kinds of difficulties when working with existing dwgs that were created in R14.

For example several "new" options that didn't exist in R14 for some reason come toggled "ON". For instance.... manually place dimension text when creating dimensions.

Also Viewports zoom-extents when we doubleclick in them on like half of our old files.

So thanks for the suggestions, but I think this one is a fluke!

mjfarrell
2005-01-11, 11:03 PM
Why not set up a template drawing
and instead of opening the old drawings
insert them as a block and then explode
them in an environment that you have set your
desired settings in?
And use design center or page setup in
to go get the Layout tab in r14 into the
new drawings.

bpayne
2005-01-11, 11:44 PM
Because in my opinion trying to insert a sheet (with multiple xrefs and info in paper and model space) as a block is not the best way to work, especially not on a scale of thousands of drawings.